Ruth and I decided to keep moving toward an overseas assignment. A week and a half ago we had a very profitable Zoom conference with our potential overseas partners, and last Tuesday we Zoomed with a recruiter in the U.S. We are not yet ready to commit to anything, but we have decided to proceed with an application to an agency. I spent a good part of the rest of the week filling out application materials. I thought I was finished, then they sent me another batch to complete. All are online, so that speeds up the process.
I thought that if we got this far, the next step would be to visit the country we are considering. So far we have had good interactions with all the other workers and we have received sensible answers to our questions. However, the team we are considering is located in a country which is completely locked down for COVID, and likely will be until November. It seems reckless to sign up for a position without ever looking at the place. We’ll have to see how things develop in the coming months and make decisions as we go. As I often have told others, we are in the uncomfortable position of having to trust God with our future!