Ruth and I left the house at 6:00 AM on Tuesday and flew to Birmingham, AL for the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in America. Some highlights:
- It’s hot in Alabama! Fortunately the Assembly meets in air conditioning.
- We had vigorous discussion of some important issues. I doubt that anyone will be completely pleased with all outcomes, but I think good progress was made.
- We met a lot of friends and had profitable conversations.
- At the Westminster Seminary dinner we got a book by Richard Gaffin, one of my favorite professors, now retired – a compilation of his New Testament lectures.
- We had good Southern Bar-B-Que!
We spent an afternoon with five members of the team we’re planning to join in Southeast Asia. We’ve had numerous video calls and emails with the team, but it was so good to meet in person.
Our travels were uneventful, but our return flight wasn’t scheduled to arrive in the Lehigh Valley until midnight Friday. Today has been low-key, so I hope we’ll be back to full speed ahead tomorrow.