We had our “final interview” on Friday. but that’s not the last step in getting overseas. The interview went well and the agency expects to approve us, but a few things need to happen first. Apparently we tried to compress a several-year process into several months. Normally people visit a prospective destination before they apply. Our destination is locked down for several months, so we have been unable to visit. The agency wants us to delay until we have had a chance to experience the place and see the people in person. No one knows when that might be, but we are thinking and hoping for sometime around February. So perhaps I will continue this transitional ministry into next year.
I participated in a nice long session meeting last week, but two other projects occupied most of my discretionary time. I wrote a sermon, which I preached this morning. (You may listen or view it at SermonAudio.) I also compiled a family newsletter. I had hoped to get it in the mail, but I couldn’t get my printer to print properly. So after spending a lot of time, I decided I’m going to let Staples print it for me. I hope they can do that tomorrow and I can mail it on Tuesday.